Monday, December 11, 2006

wo bhee kya din the ...

( Me & Deepak on the Balcony which was the witness of our many a childhood Games & Guests sitting on Cane Chairs or Papaji reading the Ram Charit Manas in the early hours of the day )

When I look back to my childhood scenes --- I remember the Garden at the back side of my parents' home --- there were 2 GUAVA trees , may b they r still laden with un ripe amrood or Peru fruits ?
then there were 4 coconut trees which always had enough fresh coconut water to be offered to any Guest that came by.
There was an IMLI ka tree ...with White Vilayatee Imli which was sweet & pink colored hanging in C shape from green branches ...


There were 12 or 15 shrubs of King Jasmine or Bada MOGRA - which has dense white Flowers .....

In the middle was plain Red Clay Earth. of this small piece of Land.
When I was 11 or 12 yrs old, us Girls would put 3 bricks in a U shape , put some dry wood & start a fire
& borrow some rice & daal & haldi & salt & a big Brass pot & cook Khichdee over that fire !!
How happy we were when after half an hour or more it got cooked & we ate it as it gave off a swwet smell in that smoke filled air of early afternoon ............
Meena & Jairaj Uncle's daughter Geetu my playing companions & my younger Sister , Mongi & elder sister Vasavi was there & Paritosh hovered , near by.
Paritosh still lives there & must glance at that piece of land often while I see it only in my dreams ...
I remembered this because i happened to read this write up ..........today & am nostalgic .................

http://vidhur.rediffblogs.com/2005_20_02_vidhur_archive.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home